Chicagoland BOR! Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire chat, anything about your rubbers

5 posters

Go down

Tire chat, anything about your rubbers Empty Tire chat, anything about your rubbers

Post by Asidrive July 10th 2012, 7:30 pm

So, first Autox is coming up....my tires suck.

Michelin performance all seasons fairly worn up front

Primewell pz900 much newer in back. These are crappy performance tires made in china.

I don't have the monies to buy new tires right now so i figure I'll trash these a bit.

I think I'm going to move the summer tires up front. This might allow some movement in the rear. If it rains, I may swap them again?

Once again, always over analyzing things.
Asidrive
Asidrive

Car : 2006 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Color : Some sorta silver
Class : Math

Back to top Go down

Tire chat, anything about your rubbers Empty Re: Tire chat, anything about your rubbers

Post by Tamadx July 10th 2012, 8:43 pm

Summers up front is a good idea. Those all seasons will still hook just fine for the ready of the season. I wouldnt worry about the rain it's not like the car will snap over steer once you see raIn haha.

Have any ideas what sort of tires you will get next? I don't have the cash flow for star specs that I would need to buy new every summer because of the miles I put on the car haha. There are some better wear tires that I believe will suit my autox and traveling nEeds if I get a car that needs new tires next season. Who know all depends on cash flow too.

Might take the winter tires I have and put on stock rims if the rims I have don't fit. If they do I might just get a new nice set of rims with some longer lasting tires for daily and nice autox rubber on the stockers.

Big money tho but that is basically my only mods I plan for the car performance wise so we will see.
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Car : 1996 civic dx
Color : blaaaaaaack
Class : SLO

https://bor-racing.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Tire chat, anything about your rubbers Empty Re: Tire chat, anything about your rubbers

Post by Asidrive July 10th 2012, 9:35 pm

ill do starspecs. the 7k max i put on a year should be fine for the life of anything
Asidrive
Asidrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 11th 2012, 8:28 am

LOL depends on how many autoX events you do. I have heard people running those to cords after 10k miles
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fat pat July 11th 2012, 10:49 am

I feel like all seasons in the back and summers of front will be a terrible idea.
fat pat
fat pat

Car : 04 G35 Sedan
Color : Black Obsidian
Class : Snow tire and vented bumper class

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 11th 2012, 11:06 am

fat pat wrote:I feel like all seasons in the back and summers of front will be a terrible idea.

why? for an autoX there is a lot of stress on the front to not slide out and I would imagine the summers have stiffer sidewalls. the rears are not going to kick out on you or cause you to spin or lose control. If you have the summers out back and the all seasons up front you're asking to push into turns and have horrible braking.. that goes for the street too. 65% of braking is done with the front tires why put the ones that you know don't hold as well up there?

its silly to think the rear tires need to have the better summer tires. The fronts do most if not all the major work in daily and autoXing. I saw those all seasons and yes they are bad but they will do a better job being in the back where there is no stress in turning.
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 11th 2012, 12:47 pm

Evan with all seasons in the back
Yep totally Evan
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fat pat July 11th 2012, 1:56 pm

Edit:

im dumb. didnt read the OP.

I didnt read that the car is already set up with summers in the back and all seasons in front. I assumed he was on 4 balding all seasons and was gonna buy 2 summers for the front.

I agree. Rotate them to the front.
fat pat
fat pat

Car : 04 G35 Sedan
Color : Black Obsidian
Class : Snow tire and vented bumper class

Back to top Go down

Post by Asidrive July 11th 2012, 3:07 pm

good job pat. I'm just trying to not buy tires this week. it may be interesting but also probably won't matter...ill still suck
Asidrive
Asidrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 11th 2012, 3:18 pm

Asidrive wrote:good job pat. I'm just trying to not buy tires this week. it may be interesting but also probably won't matter...ill still suck

maybe subie will fix all your suckness lol

is this the event pat said he would come?!
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazyski July 11th 2012, 3:42 pm

I'm good at lending moneys out for no reason!
Crazyski
Crazyski

Back to top Go down

Post by CatchM3 July 11th 2012, 3:58 pm

Crazyski wrote:I'm good at lending moneys out for no reason!

In that case I have something's I wanna get. (bbk,coilovers,wheels just to name a few) Lol!
CatchM3
CatchM3

Car : 08 BMW M3 Saloon
Color : White
Class : Hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down