Chicagoland BOR! Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STI in MN

3 posters

Go down

STI in MN Empty STI in MN

Post by Tamadx July 12th 2012, 12:27 pm

i asked the guy some questions and he is going to get back to me with some more pics and video.

1) Why are you selling? Getting a truck for towing.
2) Where did you buy the car and when? August 2008 with 37k miles on it (yes I've only put 13,000 miles on it in 4 years), from a dealer in WI, it was a trade-in from an older gentleman.
3) What fluids did you use when you changed them out? Oil - German Castrol 0W-30 Synthetic.
4) Are you willing to let me get the car independently inspected by a certified mechanic? Yes, on your dime.
5) Are there any rips or anything in the seats? No, perfect condition.
6) How have you used the car in the past, track, street, aggressive weekend car, daily driver? Its my daily driver.
7) What brakes and tires are on the car? Stock brakes, Falken Azenis PT-722 (60k mile warranty) brand new 600 miles on them.
Cool Do you have maintenance records? I have done all the MX on the car since I've owned it. I have a notepad with when I have changed fluids, ect.
9) Could I know the cars VIN? JF1GD70615L512314
10) Is there a loan on the car still? No
11) Has it been smoked in? No
12) Any mods are on the car and how long have they been on? None. Intake silencer has been removed so you can hear the turbo suck air. I can put it back on if you wish.
13) Is the car normally garaged or sitting outside? Garaged
14) Is there any maintenance that needs to be done soon? 60k tune up in 10,000miles.
15) Speakers in good working order? Yes
16) How does the transmission feel? Have the fluids been changed out? Fine, nice and smooth. I have not changed the tranny fluid. I was planning on changing all the fluids this summer when I have time.
17) How does the clutch feel and engage?Fine, no slipping, no chatter, no problems.
18) Any noises or creeks that come from the car when driving it? Rear struts creek at times (common on 05 STi's)
19) How many miles are on the odometer? 50,600
20) What is the condition of the vehicle? Excellent
21) Was the vehicle ever involved in an accident? No
22) Are you willing to negotiate on price? No, I don't need to sell it.
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Car : 1996 civic dx
Color : blaaaaaaack
Class : SLO

https://bor-racing.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

STI in MN Empty Re: STI in MN

Post by Asidrive July 12th 2012, 1:41 pm

Link to the add? What's he asking?
Asidrive
Asidrive

Car : 2006 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Color : Some sorta silver
Class : Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 12th 2012, 2:01 pm

Link

Asking 20999 or in his eyes the price is 20999...

there is one closer that is stage 2 with 60K miles for 20,500 that is willing to negotiate it seems like its white and gold rims
Link

Here is anothe black one

Another black but up in WI and at a dealer
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CatchM3 July 12th 2012, 4:39 pm

That white on gold looks nice. But BOV!? Lol. Black one is nice as well. Maybe you can talk them down since it looks like it has some cheap tirerack wheels and not the bbs Smile
CatchM3
CatchM3

Car : 08 BMW M3 Saloon
Color : White
Class : Hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 12th 2012, 4:57 pm

They have had the black one with bad rims on there lot for almost a year now
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 12th 2012, 11:36 pm

THE GUY SAID HE WOULD BE WILLING TO COME TO CHICAGO AND FLY BACK IF WE CAME TO A GOOD DEAL!!!

HOLY SHIT I AM INTRIGUED! the car looks clean and he is going to take a video and more pics soon too. hmmmm i dunno whan at this "deal" will be but asking 20999 and coming to chicago to sell hmmm

Dylan or Mikey what is strut creak? He says that it has it in the rear sturts which i think i heard on the one i test drove on wednesday.

Any who i will keep you guys updated. if we came to terms and he is willing to come out here and all looks good i am wiling to pay like 20500.... 16000 loan prob 2-3K back from selling the 300C and paying 2500-4500 extra for a clean sti.... hmmm i dunno need to sleep on that one.

Gas mileage isn't that much better.. haven't checked on insurance and its a car that prob doesn't have the same fit and finish as the 300C meaning it prob creaks and rattles way more.... but i already have a double din and new speakers and adapters to make them fit in an sti sooooooo fairly set on that haha
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CatchM3 July 13th 2012, 3:03 am

not too sure on a creek. i had my rear struts clunk over bumps and it was the upper mounts. the sti is definitely raw compared to a 300c. i had a lot of rattles and creeks but then again i was on coilovers. i still think sti's are awesome cars especially in the snow. with proper tires the car is unstoppable. ill probably pick one up in the future again Cool
CatchM3
CatchM3

Car : 08 BMW M3 Saloon
Color : White
Class : Hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Asidrive July 13th 2012, 8:21 am

Ive heard of clunking when swapping to sti suspension...seems normal.

I switched to a beat up, meh stereo creeky etc. wrx from a low mile good sterio etc ms3. love the wrx more and is more fun to drive...but I'm what you would call a fanboy
Asidrive
Asidrive

Car : 2006 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Color : Some sorta silver
Class : Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamadx July 13th 2012, 9:47 am

Strut clunck seems like an easy ish fix.

Link to fix
Tamadx
Tamadx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content